Monday, January 12, 2009

Finding Neverland


I found the ending to this movie one of the most touching I have ever seen.
FINDING NEVERLAND tells of the life of playwright, JM Barrie, and his relationship with the boys on whom he based his classic fairytale PETER PAN.
As a girl, I remember being taken to the Grand Theatre in Leeds (a setting not unlike that depicted in the movie), to see the pantomime PETER PAN.
That is a long time ago, but I can still remember marvelling at Peter Pan and the boys ‘flying’.
And who can forget 'Nana' the family's faithful Newfoundland dog who was the children's nannie.
Johnny Depp, who stars as Barrie, plays an excellent part as the writerly Scotsman – but then I happen to be a Johnny Depp fan.
This actor is a genius on the screen in whatever role he plays.
Worth watching for whatever reason.
Photo MM: No ticking crocodiles in my garden, but I do have several Bennett’s wallabies ranging in height from 8 inches to 2 feet tall who visit every night

No comments: